[Rt-devel] 3.8.1 - problem with saved searches

David Good dgood at willingminds.com
Thu Sep 11 12:23:56 EDT 2008

I tried the users list but had no bites.  I'm far enough into debugging
the issue that I think it may be more appropriate here anyway so here
goes...

I've got 3.8.l installed on CentOS 5.2 that was upgraded from a 3.8.0
install.  All of the saved search links on the 'RT at a glance' page are
having problems.  The results show up properly in their regions on that
page but when I click on the link for the region to go to the
Search/Results page there are no results and when I go to 'Edit Search'
it looks like the query is URI encoded:

*Results*
 Wrong query, expecting a OPERATOR in
'%20Owner%>20<--here%3D%20%27__CurrentUser__%27%20AND%20(%20Status%20%3D%20%27new%27%20OR%20Status%20%3D%20%27open%27)'

Doing some debugging in the Search/Results.html file, I also see that
it's getting the query string URI encoded and passing it on to
/Elements/CollectionList.  When debugging /Elements/CollectionList I see
that the query strings submitted from the 'at a glance' page are not URI
encoded (so they work properly) but the query strings from
Search/Results.html are.  The string looks OK in the URL from the link.
I'm not sure where to look from here to figure out how the query string
gets from the args in the URL to what shows up as $Query in
Search/Results.html.  Any hints?