[Rt-devel] Using Transaction custom fields from a Scrip

Jon Wood jonathan.wood at uk.clara.net
Mon Sep 15 08:59:25 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 16:28 -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> On Sep 12, 2008, at 1:52 PM, Jon Wood wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm currently developing a scrip which is meant to act based on a
> > custom
> > field on the transaction, however it appears that at the point the
> > scrip
> > is fired, the transaction's custom fields havn't been saved yet.
> >
> > It may be that I just need to find a different way to deal with this
> > problem, but I was wondering if that is considered a bug, or just how
> > things work.
> >

> It's a longstanding design issue. The "right" fix would be very, very
> invasive. I believe that if you move your new scrip to the
> TransactionBatch stage, things will work out for you.

Thanks - that's exactly what I was looking for, and actually resulted in
nicer code then I had anyway.

> -j
>
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Jon Wood

Jon Wood
SYSTEMS DEVELOPER

Claranet Limited
21 Southampton Row
London - WC1B 5HA
United Kingdom

+44 (0)20 7685 8643
jonathan.wood at uk.clara.net
www.uk.clara.net

Company registration no: 3152737
Place of registration: England

All the information contained within this this electronic message from
Claranet Ltd is covered by the disclaimer at
http://www.uk.clara.net/disclaimer