[Rt-devel] RT Extension settings "storage"

Dan Thomson thomson.dan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 10:00:00 EDT 2009

I was trying to implement a convenient configuration for my "subject
tagging" that I had mentioned earlier.

In the end, I took the advice from this list and used the
header-to-custom field scrip to import the necessary values from email
headers, then made my own scrip to apply certain custom fields to the
subject. It seems to work well, and each scrip/template can be created
per Queue which is all well and good, but I also wanted a convenient
way to disable this functionality with the click of a button instead
of by deleting a scrip. That's why I wanted some kind of storage
method. I wanted to know which Queues had this functionality enabled
and disabled.

RT::Attribute seemed to do the trick.

I appreciate the help!

2009/3/26 Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com>:

> On Thu 26.Mar'09 at 13:33:02 -0400, Dan Thomson wrote:
>> Hey all, I have a quick question for ya:
>>
>> Do extension/plugin writers have a standard place to put settings or
>> configuration options? I'm building a small module and I'd like to
>> provide the ability to apply it only to certain queues. At present, I
>> have an array in RT_SiteConfig.pm for this configuration option, but
>> this is kind of a pain. I'd like to add a tab to the "Preferences"
>> section instead, but I'm not sure where to store the results.
>>
>> Is there a standard way to do this (like creating a new table in the
>> DB, for example)?
>> Alternatively, is there any specific storage method to avoid?
>>

> The two typical ways to do this are to use either RT::Attribute or
> RT_SiteConfig.
>
> What are you actually trying to build?
>
> -j
>

>> Thanks!