[Rt-devel] advice on scrip development and deployment

Andrew Libby alibby at xforty.com
Mon Aug 3 21:27:25 EDT 2009

I've hacked together a few scrips which are working pretty
well.  But I'd like to devise a method for managing my
scrips in a way that survives upgrades well and does not
interfere with the RT installation.

I'm interested in hearing what folks are doing.  I'm
thinking of going about it like this:

o Store my code in an SCM and deploy to it's own area
  on my system.  Something like /opt/rt_company_scrips
  or the like.

o Add the lib folder under the above mentioned directory
  to perls INC path via the apache configuration, or
  via some other method.

o Add a company specific configuration file to a subfolder
  etc of the above mentioned path.

Any thoughts on this?  What are folks doing on this front?

Thanks.

Andy

xforty technologies
Andrew Libby