[Rt-devel] advice on scrip development and deployment

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Aug 4 12:39:01 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 08:33:13AM -0400, Andrew Libby wrote:

> I'm pretty sure scrips can be put in the database, but don't
> need to be.  In either case they are registered in the
> database, at least the actions are.  The ScripActions I'm
> using are growing in complexity, and as such I've taken them
> on to the filesystem.

Andy

You may want to look at Module::Install::RTx and build local RT
extensions that install your Actions.  You can even write an
etc/initialdata to deploy the database pieces (look at the
initialdata that ships with RT for ideas)

You'll then enable your local extension with @Plugins, rather than
managing RT's @INC manually.

You can grab any of the modules on CPAN from one of the bps folks to
rip apart and get an idea of how to build one.

-kevin