[Rt-devel] display.html and customer data

Alejandro Imass aimass at cc.com.ve
Thu Aug 13 14:18:55 EDT 2009

Just add the field as a custom field and then do the interface with
ledgersmb via database. I take it you want to invoice in ledgersmb for
resolving ticket. Here is what I would do:

1) Add a normal custom field to RT
2) Create a custom class and assign it to the event in the particular
queue, or use the script facility as well
3) In the custom class/script, you will have access to the ticket
object and the extra field(s).
4a) Take that info and leave it in a transaction table for later
pickup by the ledgersmb interface, or
4b) Use DBI to create a record directly in the ledgersmb database, or
4c) post to the ledgersmb shell API

Start by reading:

http://rt.bestpractical.com/view/CleanlyCustomizeRT
http://rt.bestpractical.com/view/WriteCustomAction
http://rt.bestpractical.com/view/Documentation

Mentioning your interface with ledgersmb without any context was a bit
far-fetched and since you mention you are new to  the FOSS world:

So go RTFM ;-)

Best,
Alejandro Imass