[Rt-devel] Creating tickets with non-ascii subject (and/or postgresql)

Eynat Nir Mishor eynatnirmishor at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 03:26:33 EST 2009

Hi,

I've encountered the exact same problem with u umlaut (ü) in subject when
creating ticket in Web UI.
RT 3.8.2, PostgreSQL 8.3.0 encoding UTF8.
I used Bram's pointer to RT::Attachment::Create code and found that the
Encode::decode_utf8 variation (that existed in RT 3.8.4 but not in 3.8.2 or
3.8.6) fixes the problem. Thanks Bram!

I opened a bug for this: http://rt3.fsck.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=14214.

Eynat