[Rt-devel] CGM shrink

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Fri Feb 13 16:05:09 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:57:17PM +0300, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
> ACL check should be a little bit faster and some other queries but I
> don't think improvement is more than 3%. However, 1 percent here and
> there and quickly it's ten and more :)

Yes, but I looked at cleanup of CGMs because I was facing slowness issue
on "take" action and ... that's exactly the bug already discussed here:
http://rt3.fsck.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=12554 :(

Here the same query take between about 5 seconds, doing a full index
scan on CGMs, for an empty result :(

Seems far faster on Oracle 10 than 9 ...