[Rt-devel] Adding Custom Field capabilities to Users

George Beitis george.beitis at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 21 08:38:36 EST 2009

Hi everyone, i sent this email to rt-users but i think this mailing list is
more suitable.  I am quoting what i wrote before

Hi everyone,
I sent an email out yesterday but sending one today as well, hoping to get
the attention of one of the authors of RT.  I want to be able to use the
REST protocol to add custom fields to USERS when creating them, it seems
that this functionality is available to tickets but not users from what i
can see comparing:

/opt/rt3/share/html/REST/1.0/Forms/ticket/default and
/opt/rt3/share/html/REST/1.0/Forms/user/default

I tried adding parts of the missing code that were there for ticket, but i
seem not to be doing a very good job at it since i don't know much about the
internals of RT yet.

I would really apriciate it if one of the authors or anyone else could
either help me out with this, or give me pointers on how to go about it

regards
George

---

If you have any other suggestions as to how i can have bulk adding of users
into RT please do let me know