[Rt-devel] Need help with adding Information from a e-mail to RT

Thomas Bräutigam thomas.braeutigam at nexustelecom.com
Wed Nov 18 08:07:22 EST 2009

Hey guys,

I am very new with RT and I need help. I recieve E-mails and in the Subject Line is e.g. the RT #1234 number.

Based on this number I would like that RT adds the content from the e-mail automatically to the Ticket 1234.

I did not find anything which tells me how to do that. I got the Information from one of the IT guys inhouse that this seems to be not possible. But I do not believe this guy.

Can someone help me with this. I just want to add Information from a e-mail to the RT Ticket based on the Subject line.

Cheers Thomas

Dieses Email und angehaengte Dateien enthalten moeglicherweise vertrauliche Informationen, welche nur zur Verwendung durch die benannten Empfaenger bestimmt sind. Wenn Sie dieses Email faelschlicherweise erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie das Email von Ihrem System. Es ist Ihnen untersagt, das Email und angehaengte Dateien zu kopieren, zu vertreiben oder anderweitig zu nutzen.

This email and any attachment may contain confidential information which is intended for use only by the addressee(s) named above. If you received this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the email from your system. You are prohibited from copying, disseminating or otherwise using the email or any attachment.