[Rt-devel] [rt-users] MergeUsers extension for RT problem.

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Fri Oct 2 12:14:40 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 11:36 -0400, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> You're going to need to poke in the db, because I haven't seen this
> reported before.  Also, the rt-update-merged-users script is ONLY
> needed if you've upgraded from a 3.6 instance using an old MergeUsers
> extension (there are now bidirectional informational messages).
>
> You can use select id from Attributes where Name = 'MergedUsers' and
> ObjectId in (447,485) and then run the
> /opt/rt3/sbing/rt-attributes-viewer with the attribute id to see what
> is stored there.

Hi Kevin,

I originally posted this to the users list, but I discovered the cause
of my problem when I looked at the code, and I have a proposed patch, so
I am following up on the devel list.

I was considering using the MergeUser functionality to merge user
accounts created with the WebExternalAuto method and our ExternalAuth,
which have blank email addresses, with the accounts created through
email interaction with RT.  Since one of the accounts didn't have an
email address, it appeared blank.  My proposed patch displays the
account name (which should always be present) and email address if that
is present.

The patch also adds the reverse link, when viewing the user others have
been merged into, their names now link to their modify user page.

While testing this, it seemed a little flaky.  Are there still some
issues or bugs with Real & Effective merged users?

~Jason