[Rt-devel] Packaging plugins

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 20 07:38:55 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:44:27PM +0200, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> What's keeping you from installing the plugins into /usr/share?

If you mean randomly scattered in /usr/share/request-tracker3.8/{lib,etc}
then nothing is stopping me from doing that. But I'd rather stay with
the model of using a separate plugin dir, so that people can enable
and disable them as intended by the authors.

If you mean what's stopping me using
/usr/share/request-tracker3.8/plugins/Plugin-Dir then this is exactly
what this patch is adding support for.

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Team