[Rt-devel] A couple of API questions

Fran Fabrizio fran at cis.uab.edu
Wed Sep 23 12:20:16 EDT 2009

I am in the process of creating an extension and have a couple of
questions.

1. I would like the users to be able to select one or more queues as
input for the report.  Right now I am doing a SelectQueue Element, which
only allows the choice of one queue.  What would be the best way to
achieve "select one or more queues" functionality?  I browsed the
available Elements and nothing jumped out on first pass.

2. If I already have a queue's ID, is there an easier way to retrieve
the object for that queue than what I am doing now:

my $queues = new RT::Queues($session{CurrentUser});
$queues->Limit(FIELD => "Id", OPERATOR => "=", VALUE => $queueId);
my $queueobj = $queues->Next;

I have the same question for users, given the user's Name value.  I was
wondering if there was something like my $queueobj = new RT::Queue(Id =>
$queueId) or similar, but wasn't able to find anything similar in the
perldoc.

Thanks,
Fran

--