[Rt-devel] Patch to allow alternate REMOTE_USER variable for WebExternalAuth.

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Fri Sep 25 11:31:35 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 09:45 -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> Right, but the range of what users want here turns out to end up at
> "write a local-specific subroutine" far more often than, say, the code
> you propose. There's just too wide a variation in how these systems
> work.
>
> That said, you _can_ do this entirely from the config file.
>
> in RT_SiteConfig;
>
> use RT::Interface::Web;
> { no warnings 'redefine';
>   sub RT::Interface::Web::CanonicalizeUserInfo {
>   	my $self = shift;
> 	# do some stuff
>
>   }
>  }

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought of doing it that way, I will
try it out.  Did you see my other email about "ExternalAuth fallback to
InternalAuth behavior"?  If I understand the code correctly, it looks
like when WebExternalAuth is enabled, the existing $session data is
always ignored and reloaded from scratch for every RT access.  In
addition there are a few redundant calls to create the session object in
rt-3.8.5/share/html/autohandler:

$session{'CurrentUser'} = RT::CurrentUser->new;

~Jason

|  Jason A. Smith                          Email:  smithj4 at bnl.gov |
|  Atlas Computing Facility, Bldg. 510M    Phone: +1-631-344-4226  |
|  Brookhaven National Lab, P.O. Box 5000  Fax:   +1-631-344-7616  |
|  Upton, NY 11973-5000,  U.S.A.                                   |