[Rt-devel] How to add Priority field to ticket creation form

Andy Jewell Andy.Jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
Thu Aug 26 07:04:05 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice about setting ticket priorities during ticket creation.

I can see two ways to do this:

1. A "Priority" custom field + scrip to set the ticket priority according to what was selected.
2. Hacking RT/html/Ticket/Create.html to add the Priority field in there.

At the moment, I'm favouring option 2 because it will be less "clunky", but with the obvious reservation that it will not be "upgrade-proof".

I've been looking through the MASON templates, to spec out how to do it - it *looks* like I can copy some of the code from RT/html/Ticket/Elements/EditBasics to RT/html/Ticket/Create.html to achieve the desired effect, but I wanted to know if there are any other reasons (apart from upgradeability) not to do it this way?

If not, will what I propose be sufficient?

Regards,
Andy D'Arcy Jewell
SysMicro Linux Support

T:  +44 (0) 844 991 8804
M: +44 (0) 7961 605631
F:  +44 (0) 844 357 7020
E:  andy.jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
W: www.sysmicro.co.uk

CRN THE CHANNEL AWARDS 2009 WINNER
SysMicro named CRN’s Editor’s Choice for Emerging Business of the Year 2009, recognising SysMicro for our considerable growth, specifically in Enterprise Solutions.