[Rt-devel] Two problems with rt-3.9.7

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Dec 29 11:24:52 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 07:02:31PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>    Hi everyone,
>
>    I'm testing rt-3.9.7 and two problems are tying me down. It's quite some time since I used RT
>    actively so I'm trying to catch up.
>    The first is related to Resolved template. I have the following template -
>    [1]http://inetpro.org/pastebin/10622 - which worked in RT (I can't tell which version is
>    worked with lastly. Probably 3.6.x) but is simply not being accepted in 3.9.7. What changes do

How is not accepted?

>    I need on it so that 3.9.7 can accept it as type=perl (not as type = simple)?
>    Secondly, my AutoReply template, also carried forward from the old days, generates a random
>    password for a requestor and should allow the requestor to login to RT and view tickets
>    created by them. The login part works, but requestor cannot view tickets. I'd love to have
>    requestors view/comment tickets they generate.
>    I have given "Everyone" the following rights:
>
>      * [2][ ] Â Comment on ticketsCommentOnTicket
>      * [3][ ] Â Create ticketsCreateTicket
>      * [4][ ] Â Reply to ticketsReplyToTicket
>      * [5][ ] Â Sign up as a ticket Requestor or ticket or queue CcWatch
>      * [6][ ] Â View custom fieldsSeeCustomField
>      * [7][ ] Â View queueSeeQueue
>      * [8][ ] Â View system dashboardsSeeDashboard
>      * [9][ ] Â View ticket summaries
>
>    [10][ ] Â Modify one's own RT accountModifySelf
>    [11][ ] Â View ticket private commentaryShowTicketComment
>    However, requestors are still not able to view their tickets to start with!
>    What other rights do I need to give.

I don't see where you gave Requestors ShowTicket, which I think is
what you want.

>    While it is not key on my troubles, is anyone usind RT VERP already with Exim and would like
>    to share Exim configuration to handle this?
>
>    NB: I am using Chrome to view RT and it works pretty well. However, Firefox 4.0beta8 simply
>    gives me grief. I'm not sure where to lay the blame for this, but I will not put on Jesse and
>    his team for now:-)

If you file bug reports with screenshots, it would be interesting.  I
don't think we've encountered any firefox issues so far.  There have
also been some CSS refactorings between 3.9.7 and the current HEAD.

-kevin