[Rt-devel] RT 4.0.0rc1 available

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 18:59:23 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 11:19 PM, Kevin Falcone
<falcone at bestpractical.com>wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce the availability of RT 4.0.0rc1 - the first in a
> series of release candidates on the road to RT 4.0.0.
>
> We would be thrilled to hear your experiences installing or upgrading to
> this release.  In particular, this release incorporates RTFM into core
> RT as the Articles feature.

I have installed this version. I chose not to upgrade because there wasn't
much I had modified in my DB other than Templates and a few users who I
could easily recreate. So far I am as happy with it as I was with 3.9.7. I
haven't noticed any negative performance hits.

PS: Is there a reason why
CannedReplies<http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/CannedReplies>feature
is not yet integral part of RT? I'd have thought it better to have,
even if not used. I request that it goes into 4.0.0:)

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,