[Rt-devel] Updating RT from an LDAP database

Jonah Hirsch crazydog115 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 15:07:42 EDT 2010

We just migrated our RT system from an old installation on an old server to
a new one that will use LDAP to create users.

The issue is that we already have a good number of users on the old system,
and would like to keep them around.

I realize the most straight forward decision is to simply rename the users
(and change their email addresses), and when they are recreated when a user
first logs in, just shred the old accounts and replace the relations to the
new ones.

I then got to thinking that there must be a way to update the users in RT
through LDAP, not only for this reason but for regular maintenance.

Anyway, I was googling around and found this old script from 2005
http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2005-August/007451.html
As it is 5 years old, it doesn't work well. I'm no RT developer, so it'd
take a while to figure out what needs to be changed, so my question is,
would anyone out there be able to update this script to work with a more
current version of RT (as of emailing, 3.8.8). There really only is one
error, so I'm hoping it wouldn't take too long.

The one warning and one critical error I get are:

[Thu Jul  8 19:00:13 2010] [warning]: Use of inherited AUTOLOAD for
> non-method RT::User::LdapConnect() is deprecated at updateldap.pm line 70.
> (updateldap.pm:70)

 [Thu Jul  8 19:00:13 2010] [crit]: Can't call method "_Accessible" on an
> undefined value at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Record.pm
> line 423. (/opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:382)

 Can't call method "_Accessible" on an undefined value at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Record.pm line 423.

Thanks for the help.

Jonah Hirsch