[Rt-devel] PostgreSQL 8.4.4 and rt3 encoding

Sharon.Belliveau at frb.gov Sharon.Belliveau at frb.gov
Wed Jul 28 16:13:48 EDT 2010

Hello -
We are working with RT 3.8. Our DBAs are upgrading our PostgreSQL
installation to 8.4.4.  I was asked if the rt3 database, currently encoded
as UTF8 could be changed to either latin1 or sql_ascii. I've been searching
the list archives and RT's docs and can't seem to find a database encoding
recommendation.  So,would anyone offer advice on which encoding method to
use or avoid? Any experience with PostgreSQL 8.4.4 to share?

Sharon