[Rt-devel] Requestor attributes in ticket search results

William Graboyes william.graboyes at theportalgrp.com
Tue Mar 9 15:37:39 EST 2010

Hi Jérôme,

>I'm looking to have RT display a selection of essential requestor
>attributes (ie. WorkPhone) in a column on the ticket search result
>page(s). I understand that the current stable version, RT 3.8.7, can't
>do this.

as long as you have updated the users information in the database this
shouldn't be a problem

>I haven't dug in very deep into the code, but I understand that some
>important modifications might need to be made to make this happen.

I don't think so, and there is already slots in the database for this
information, so it may just be adding to the sql queries for each reqiestor
(who are usually created as users)

>So before going any further, I'd like to know:

>1) Is this functionality already planned for a future version?

I have no answer for this

>2) From someone who's more familiar with the internals of RT, is this
>even reasonable to attempt considering the extra overhead of creating
>and maintaining a potentially large custom patch?

Honestly I think you are making this bigger than it needs to be, as in most
cases the requestor is a user in the database, and the users database has
the required spots for contact information, you may need to change a couple
of queries, and add some html to a couple of pages. For all intents and
purposes the the data i s there.  My assumption is that this should be a
relatively small patch.

Thanks,
Bill