[Rt-devel] Behaviour of RTAddressRegexp

Brian D bjd-dev at simplicity.net
Mon May 24 17:19:52 EDT 2010

In most environments I have been, the RT system is not the primary mail
server of course, so you end up with various aliases and forwarding making
your rt environment look like a cohesive part of the email domain.  Using a
regex with appropriate wild cards makes this work well.

Cheers,
Brian

On May 24, 2010 1:23 PM, "Ruslan Zakirov" <ruz at bestpractical.com> wrote:

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com>
wrote:
> On Fri, May 21, 20...
I'm not with you. In trunk we do our best:
1) if option is not set we lookup in DB
2) we still allow regexp
3) we warn admin via logs if regexp is not defined

It's flexible enough to protect careless admins and allow smart to
setup fast matching and cover addresses not stored in the DB.

I saw setups
* where not all RT addresses are in the DB
* with many queues, but very small and fast regexp

My idea is that usually hundreds emails turns into short regular
expression. If it's not the case for you then you can use "no value"
and DB lookups.