[Rt-devel] User Custom Fields not being displayed??

Brian D bjd-dev at simplicity.net
Fri May 28 14:45:05 EDT 2010

Kevin --

Thank you.  Indeed I had overlooked applying it at a Global level.
The lack of an "Applies to" button on the User Custom field led me to
think it was only a global option and automatically applied.

Now for the challenge question.  Is there any way to utilize the
user's attributes and customfieldvalues in a search?

I'm attempting to create standardized dashboards for a good number of
teams/queues, and to do so, it would be convenient to template the
searches using fields I've added.  For example  HomeQueue is one of
the custom fields, and I would like to be able to craft saved searches
for the generic dashboard something along the lines of:

Queue = 'UserCF.{HomeQueue}' AND (  Status = 'new' OR Status = 'open'
OR Status = 'stalled' )

I know __CurrentUser__ is one value handled specially for the "Tickets
I Own" saved searches, but I don't see that this functionality is more
Generic..

Brian