[Rt-devel] A new home for the wiki

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Fri Nov 5 09:24:08 EDT 2010

On 04 Nov 2010 20:57, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
> Skip some pages on import using name match, for example "car shipping".

These spam pages are deleted from wiki.bestpractical.com already, but
the test import source I used was a few days old.  Cleaning up the wiki
content prior to import is planned.

> Don't import empty pages:
> http://rttest.wikia.com/index.php?title=Special:ShortPages&limit=500&offset=0

Ah, good catch.  I'll modify the importer.

> I spotted a few pages that loose content during move. It's not
> importer issue, but pages on the current wiki are emptied by incident.
> Is there way to import history as well?

We could theoretically import the history (the exporter supports
exporting it), but there's so much spam back and forth that it seems not
worth it.  We'll definitely keep the history around in the form of the
wifty database in case we need it.

trs