[Rt-devel] RT 3.9.6 now available
bertignac at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 08:48:58 EST 2010
Just a quick feedback on the UI (first impression). This is a mix
between what I like/don't like/would like to have in RT...
I enabled aileron theme.
- The menu dropdowns are IMO too slow. When you want to be efficient
with RT (like quick click click click click ), you don't like these
micro-seconds waiting for the menu to appear. Not a big deal, just a
little bit annoying
- Lifecycle tickets look really promising.
- HTML templates for emails :-)
- I'd love to see something like this to upload files in RT :
http://valums.com/ajax-upload/ It looks quite easy to include.
- An option in "Ticket Display" would be nice to show the ticket
history when replying/commenting a ticket. I've done it as a hack on
my current RT, and I find this very useful (gmail has this :-) ).
- The new right management interface is nice. I'd love to see more
jquery/jquery-ui in RT, I see you use it in this page (or for
calendars), and it really improve the user experience. Ideas:
* jquery-ui draggable for RT at a glance and dashboards (think
igoogle or netvibes)
* jquery-ui tabs for the ticket menu (display/history/etc...)
* http://code.google.com/p/jquery-in-place-editor/ to modify
easily properties of a ticket. For example in the ticket display view,
instead of going to basic to modify this. I think to the status change
with something like example 3 there:
. It also avoids the big "save" button at teh end of the page.
* Create ticket could bring up the ticket creation page in a
dialog-ui modal window. This way you are working on a ticket, you are
thinking to something, you can create a new ticket with this window
and after the ticket is created, you are still on the ticket you are
working on. Think also to the "Create" link in the "Links" box on a
ticket display page for example
* Things like "Create user" could be a modal window also popped up
from the "Select User" page.
* Reply/comment with a modal windows and once submit is clicked
(modal window closed) , update of the history page with the
comment/reply fading out for example.
Quick note about installation also: I had test-www-mechanize install
failing at t/put when doing make fixdeps. This is a known bug and I
had to install manually CGI from CPAN, then it worked.
I know it takes times/effort/money to add some of these features, and
some of them are very subjective, just take this as a RT user
wishlist among others... :-)
More information about the rt-devel