[Rt-devel] How to hook into the Results.html page

Guadagnino Cristiano guadagnino.cristiano at creval.it
Tue Sep 7 12:33:26 EDT 2010

Hi all,
I have been working on integrating the Sphinx full-text search engine in our RT.

I have everything in place regarding Sphinx.

I have written a new portlet that can be installed in the "RT at a glance" page. The portlet lets us search for text and filter the results for requestor, queue, date range. The form submits all search parameters to a PHP page that uses the Sphinx API to perform the actual search. Performance is outstanding!

Presently we are returning results in a rather crude html table. What I would like to do is somehow passing results to RT and using the standard Results.html page to display them (hence gaining all the standard RT features like pagination and graphs).

Is it possible at all? Could someone help me implement it?
If this is not possible I will at least use RT's CSS to try to make it look integrated.

Whatever I'll come up with, I am willing to publish everything on the RT wiki so that others can benefit from lightning-fast full-text searches.

Bye
Cris