[Rt-devel] Custom Roles in RT4

Tom Lanyon tom+rt at oneshoeco.com
Mon Aug 15 03:31:26 EDT 2011

Hi list,

I'm looking at a config which would benefit from one (or maybe more) additional role(s) alongside Cc and AdminCc, so that I could do some group permissions assignment to specific tickets without giving up my existing usage of Cc and AdminCc.

It was suggested to me that this may have been attempted before (back in 3.x land) - has anyone looked into doing so or could suggest the best way to implement something like this, and even better, has anyone looked to do this for RT4?

I've taken a look around and can see there are a number of places that the assumption is hard-coded that the only valid roles are AdminCc, Cc, Owner, Requestor.

I'm getting the impression that it may be significantly more difficult to add a generic role implementation instead of adding a single, additional, hard-coded new role...

Regards,
Tom