[Rt-devel] Development roadmap

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 5 13:50:13 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 10:47:39AM -0400, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> We'll publish an official policy in the next few weeks, but our plan
> is to try and keep 4.0 to 'bugfixes' while features go to 4.2 and we
> aim to release 4.2 in the fall.  At that point, 4.2 becomes bugfixes
> only and we start working on new features for 4.4.

Okay. I still need to get clear in my head the relative trade-offs
between being able to install and maintain multiple versions at once
vs the simplicity of a single package name. Much of it probably depends
on the frequency of releases relative to Debian's stable release cycle,
as well as your expectation for the support of older branches.

> If you can get a request-tracker4 packages instead of
> request-tracker40/request-tracker42 it would make us all very happy.

Could you expand on how that would particularly affect you as
upstreams?

Cheers,
Dominic.

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Team