[Rt-devel] TicketSQL doesn't support LIKE with Queue name field

Andy D'Arcy Jewell andy.jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
Thu May 12 06:36:06 EDT 2011

Hi All,

We have a ticket naming scheme where we have several "departments" with
multiple queues each, and we name the queues like "Department/customer".
We have several report searches which we need to run against each
department; these need to refer to all the department's queues.
Currently, we have a long TicketSQL statement that says ''' Queue =
"Department1/cust1" OR Queue = "Department1/cust2"...''', but every time
we add new queues, we have to update all the searches.

I tried using '''Queue LIKE "Department1/" ''' but it doesn't work -
apparently it's not supported.

So I thought I'd have a dig round to look at the code that actually
*does* the TicketSQL searching, to see if it would be easy to modify it
to allow "LIKE" on Queues. But I can't find it - maybe I'm just not
looking in the right places...

I have a basic grasp of perl (i.e. not an expert) but I'm failing badly
to find out where the real guts of the search get done.

I've looked at:
/usr/share/request-tracker3.8/lib/RT/Search/FromSQL.pm
/usr/share/request-tracker3.8/lib/RT/Search/Generic.pm
/usr/share/request-tracker3.8/lib/RT/Search/Googlish.pm
/usr/share/request-tracker3.8/lib/RT/Search.pm

But all these seem to be just wrappers, and I can't see any "use"
statements that pull in lower-level modules.

Can anyone give me a pointer to start, please?

--
Andy D'Arcy Jewell

SysMicro Limited
Linux Support