[Rt-devel] mail header parse order for ticket requestor

Christian Loos cloos at netcologne.de
Mon May 23 04:57:37 EDT 2011

We have an monitoring system that send notifications with
From: monitoring at ...
so the ticket requestor is nobody. ;-)

If you would have more systems that send mail in this way I thought it
would be better to use the From instead of the Reply-To header to
distinguish the different ticket creators.
But the RFC says that a Reply-To header supersedes a From header so you
are right with the current parse order.

Chris