[rt-devel] Listing logged-in users

Michele Bergonzoni bergonz at labs.it
Mon Dec 10 07:11:11 EST 2012

> Why don't you just set the AutoLogoff value in RT_SiteConfig.pm and
> setup a cronjob for sbin/rt-clean-sessions and then create an element
> 'active sessions' that loads the sessions.

Thank you for your suggestion. This is a different way to solve the same
problem and I am not sure about which one I prefer. Showing the sessions
in the DB was my first attempt (I could not find a way to do that with
the API, so I got them with SQL, then "tie", not a pleasant sight).

In my installation, if a person keeps using RT to update a ticket with
new details, but never looks back at the homepage (which is the way
people here learn about new tickets to take ownership of), I don't want
that person listed in the box. That's because the reason I am doing this
is to let people know who is looking at the list of new tickets in order
to service them. For me, having the session active and making a request
to RT is not enough.

Besides, setting AutoLogoff is good for security, but as such can be
annoying if that security is not needed.

Anyway, if someone stays in the home page with the autorefresh and
simply walks away, he will show up in my box as well as in your
suggested box.

> Maybe this solution have a chance to go into RT core code as it isn't an
> assumption or a lie ;-)

I can change the title to "Who had this page sent to a browser, maybe
displayed on a monitor, and possibly seen (last 5 min)".

Regards,
				Bergonz

--
Ing. Michele Bergonzoni - Laboratori Guglielmo Marconi S.p.a.
Phone:+39-051-6781926 e-mail: bergonz at labs.it
alt.advanced.networks.design.configure.operate