[rt-devel] Rationale for enabling GnuPG by default?

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 5 14:56:52 EST 2012

Hi,

One of Debian's users has noticed that in the default configuration,
GPG is enabled but unusable (until you give it a key to work with):

<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=654697>

and logs this fact. It seems to me to make more to explicitly enable
this when adding a key, rather than complaining that there isn't one
in the default install.

Can we change the default here, or is there a specific reason it's
done this way?

Cheers,
Dominic.

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Team