[rt-devel] Link in transaction descriptions?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Nov 6 14:53:06 EST 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 05:44:17PM -0400, Jérôme Charaoui wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering if it's feasible to add HTML links within RT
> transaction descriptions.
>
> That would be useful for adding links in ticket history relationship
> items on the web interface.
>
> For example :
>
> "Enoch, Root - Reference to ticket #1234 added"
>
> The "ticket #1234" could appear on the web interface as a link to
> the actual ticket.

While it's possible to change BriefDescription in RT::Transaction to
do that (or even to use the ModifyDisplay callback to add it in later)
the problem is that the transaction description is passed through
Mason's HTML escaper, and the link wouldn't work.  We could turn that
off, but it would require effort to ensure that no security bugs
(displaying user entered info unescaped) are added.

-kevin