[rt-devel] Module::Install and RTxInitDB

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Tue Oct 16 18:59:59 EDT 2012

On 10/16/2012 03:48 PM, Tim Cutts wrote:
> Hi - I'm working on Ruslan's RT::Extension::RepliesToResolved extension, and I've reached the point where I'm writing some Scrips for it.  I've created an etc/initialdata file, but now when I try to run perl Makefile.PL I get:
>
> 23:39:54 tim at canopus:~/git/rt-extension-repliestoresolved$ perl Makefile.PL
> Using RT configuration from /Users/tim/git/rt/lib/RT.pm:
> ./etc	=> /Users/tim/git/rt/local/plugins/RT-Extension-RepliesToResolved/etc
> ./lib	=> /Users/tim/git/rt/local/plugins/RT-Extension-RepliesToResolved/lib
> The 'RTxInitDB' method does not exist in the 'inc' path!
> Please remove the 'inc' directory and run Makefile.PL again to load it.
>
> Following the instructions at the end gets me to a worse place:
>
> Can't locate inc/Module/Install.pm in @INC
>
> Do I need a particular updated version of Module::Install from somewhere?

Make sure Module::Install::RTx is installed from CPAN.

You also probably need to tell Module::Install that you're an "author"
now for that dist and you want it to do author-y things that it won't
normally do for end users just installing.

   mkdir -p inc/.author
   perl Makefile.PL

should repopulate inc/.