[rt-devel] Module::Install and RTxInitDB

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Fri Oct 19 13:50:49 EDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Kevin Falcone
<falcone at bestpractical.com> wrote:
>> The third of the above features requires the patch to RT. I'll file
>> a bug report about it, but basically RT::Interface::Email has
>> already pulled out the Subject by the time it runs the
>> ExtractTicketId function, which the extension overrides. Since
>> ExtractTicketId now changes the Subject header in the incoming
>> message, I just added an extra line after calling ExtractTicketId to
>> re-fetch the Subject, in case it's changed. That's all. The
>> following commit is the relevant one:
>>
>> https://github.com/tcutts/rt/commit/593b2fe645f43c5776c8a9c1921be4aed26b202b
>
> Ah - interesting.  I'd like Ruz to comment, since he wrote the
> ExtractId code and might have thoughts.

Hi,

We for sure need something like this. I'm just unsure if $Subject
should be updated or
in $ticket->Create call we should pass updated value.

Later $Subject is used in Create call and calls to report errors to
user and/or RT owner.

I think updated subject should be passed to ticket create, but in
error mails we use original subject.

Also, for backwards compatibility we should keep chomp'ing subject.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.