[rt-devel] Make Starts field in Ticket Display updatedable like Last Content(Told)

Dave Wells dave.wells at foreshore.net
Tue Apr 2 03:10:28 EDT 2013

RT Version: 3.6.5

Hi,

I am trying to make the Starts date field updatable using a hyperlink
like the Last Content field to set the time value to now, this is in the
default Ticket Display screen Display.html.

I have updated the  rt3/share/html/Ticket/Elements/ShowDates file to
include the hyperlink

%>/Ticket/Display.html?id=<% $Ticket->id
%>&Action=SetStarts"><&|/l&>Starts</&></a>:</td>

%></td>

I have also updated the  rt3/share/html/Ticket/Display.html file to
allow the action to pass

if (defined $ARGS{'Action'}) {

        if ($ARGS{'Action'} =~ /^(Steal|Kill|Take|SetTold|SetStarts)$/)
{

            my $action = $1;

            my ($res, $msg)=$TicketObj->$action();

            push(@Actions, $msg);

    }

    }

The link is now a hyperlink and I can click it however the output is
"Starts changed from Not set to Not set", I have done the same for the
Started field and it works fine as you would expect I'm not sure why the
SetStarts is not working as the SetTold and SetStarted are.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Dave