[rt-devel] RT Tracker: styling, look-n-feel ...

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Apr 19 10:35:11 EDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 06:02:29AM -0700, Geert Claes wrote:
> I just found out the the "theme editor" is a recent addition.  Were
> frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap or Zurb Foundation considered rather
> than the "theme editor"?  The look-n-feel is very important and an area
> where RT could have scored a big win by building on the back of one of the
> popular frameworks.  Maybe something for a 4.1 release?

Since the theme editor was first released in RT 4.0.0 on 2011-04-28
and Twitter's blog post about Bootstrap dates from August of 2011, it
would have been difficult to make use of it when the Theme Editor was
under development.

As my colleague Ruslan said - the churn required for Bootstrap support
will not be happening for 4.2 but is under consideration for 4.4.

-kevin