[rt-devel] RTx::Calendar bug and accompanying patch?

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Tue Apr 23 14:04:38 EDT 2013

On 04/23/2013 01:14 AM, Martin Wheldon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed RTx::Calendar on a Debian Wheezy box using the
> Debian packeged Digest::SHA perl module.
> When I select the preferences link the module complains it is unable to
> find the Digest::SHA1 module.

The Makefile.PL for RTx::Calendar specifies a dependency on
Digest::SHA1.  Trying to satisfy it with Digest::SHA and getting a
failure is not a bug.

Debian decided to aggressively drop Digest::SHA1 from their packages.
You'll need to install it from CPAN or continue to use a local patch to
switch RTx::Calendar to Digest::SHA.  Many Perl packages Debian provides
are modified by them at install time to s/Digest::SHA1/Digest::SHA/g.

Since Debian is forcing folks' hands on this, the RTx::Calendar dep
should just get changed to Digest::SHA instead of attempting to load it
completely undeclared after ::SHA1 fails.