[rt-devel] Local changes to help ticket searching

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 7 12:09:15 EST 2013

On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 03:02:46PM +0000, Jim Berry wrote:
>    > My initial reaction was "performance" as you note, but it'd still be interesting to see what
>    you did to see if it can end up in core.
>
>    I've attached a diff for ShowMessageStanza.  One of the performance issues is that the regexp
>    is re-created for each attachment in a ticket. No doubt there is a better way to do this.

You could definitely calculate once in a higher callback, like
grabbing BeforeShowHistory in Display.html and BeforeActionList in
History.html and stuff it back into the session for caching (just be
careful, one of my internal mottos is 'Caching is Hard').

Also, $& is a bit of a performance hit, but not as bad as $' or $` so
hopefully anything it does is dwarfed by wire transfer time or the
quote wrapping code.

Would you mind making a ticket that's just "Here's some code I'm using
that might make an interesting feature if someone made it a bit more
core-like".

Thanks

-kevin