[rt-devel] ProcessTicketLinks

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Jun 7 12:30:07 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 07, 2013 at 11:17:28AM +0000, Raed El-Hames wrote:
> Thanks Kevin, that was the issue .. fixed now ..
> By the way on a related note, have you folks put any thought into a
> clean unmerge function ?? I know its been debated over the past few
> years and wondering why you have n't done it .. is there a reason that
> I should be aware off ?? my unmerge function:
> Sets the effective id back to == id
> Resets the status back to open
> Removes any requestors from $self-> that exist in the unmerged ticket unless these existed in $self before the MergeInto transaction time ..

That's only some of the things done in a merge.  Check the _MergeInto
method on RT::Ticket for more things that need to be unwound.

It's actually annoyingly difficult to untangle correctly, especially
if you merge ticket 1 into 2 and then 2 into 3 and then want to
unmerge ticket 1.

There is a branch in review for 4.2 to make it more obvious when
you're about to merge the wrong tickets.

-kevin