[rt-devel] plugins and _Vendor files

Bradley Bell bradleyb at uw.edu
Mon Jun 10 14:31:06 EDT 2013

Unless I'm mistaken, no RT class will load more than one Vendor
overlay, so if I have two plugins installed, and each provide a Vendor
file, only one will get loaded.

Am I correct in surmising that the overlay mechanism was never really
meant to be used by plugins in this way? It seems most plugins only
need to make a couple of changes to RT classes and just do it right in
the main plugin .pm. Are there any other recommended methods?

For Asset Tracker, which has several _Vendor files, I'm thinking of
perhaps renaming them *_ATOverlay.pm and then requiring those from
AssetTracker.pm.

Thanks,
--
Bradley Bell
Classroom Support Services | University of Washington