[rt-devel] New RT-theme: "love at first sight" maker theme

akos.torok at docca.hu akos.torok at docca.hu
Mon Mar 25 19:54:45 EDT 2013

Hi Best Practical Folks, Hi Everyone,

We are big fans of RT, we use it as an in-house project management,
ticketing, document management system (and CRM :)).
We have helped start using RT for dozens of companies and organizations as
well.
We love RT for its customization possibilities, its flexibility, its
community, and surely because we are commited to RT since we have been
working on RT daily for 8 years.

Now we would like to make a new theme, something that makes non-tech users
fall in love at first sight. ((And we will release some new plugins like:
- drag-n-drop organizing tickets (among saved searches),
- per queue customizable ticket look-and-feel.))

Our goal is to make RT more desirable for everyday people.

For this reason we (more precisely: our designer friends) would ask for
inserting a lot of divs (with classes, ids) into certain points of the
code. I think it is not easy since it could cause structural changes on the
html pages of RT.
My question is: what do you think is the best way to make it? I mean how to
avoid old themes from disruption and keep our contribution being an RT
friendly one? And how to create this theme to a maintainable contribution?

1. Can we propose lots of new divs into the code (in git)?
2. Or should we insert callbacks, and into the callbacks should we put the
new divs? In this case we should have closer tag (</div>) callbacks too.
3. Any other idea?

Thanks,

Ákos