[rt-devel] rt-fulltext-indexer cron job

Vernon McCandlish vernmcc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 10:04:43 EST 2013

I was messing around with getting 4.2.1 set up with full text indexing,
using a postgresql db.  When I got to the part of the instructions for
setting up the cron job, I noted the instructions advised that "Care should
be taken to insure that multiple instances of rt-fulltext-indexer are not
run at the same time."  My solution for this was to install
*Sys::RunAlone*through cpan and then add to the
*rt-fulltext-indexer* script the following line:

*use Sys::RunAlone;*

I placed this after the *use warnings;* line near the head of the file

I had to add *__END__* to the end of the file to use the library, but when
I intentionally triggered the script twice, the response to the second
trigger was:

"*A copy of '/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-fulltext-indexer' is already running*"

VL
quis custodiet ipsos custodes