[rt-devel] RT 4.0.13 REST.pm faulty regex?

Jason Baum jbaum-contractor at marchex.com
Tue Oct 29 03:04:56 EDT 2013

Hello,

We recently upgraded from RT 3.6 to RT 4.0.13, and suddenly a couple previously working Perl scripts that use the RT::Client::REST convenience library (version 0.44) stopped working, and started indicating an error with the regex in /rt-4.0.13/lib/RT/Interface/REST.pm line 141, which in turn references the $field variable defined on line 74 in that same file.

The regex defined there is as follows:

my $field = '[a-z][a-z0-9_- ~/]*’;

Perl is complaining about an “Invalid [] range “_- “ in regex” at this location, which you can see follows the 9 character.

I’m wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and if they have a suggested solution or knows what the correct regex should be.

Thanks,
Jason