[rt-devel] RT pages without links

CLOSE Dave Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com
Wed Oct 30 21:43:17 EDT 2013

Robert Nesius wrote:

> Are you using the system perl?   If so, I'd try installing the
> version of perl that was on your old machine with perlbrew, update
> its modules as necessary, and have RT run over that perl.

Yes, I am using the system Perl. I suspect your idea is exactly what I
was missing. Thanks.

Surprisingly, at least to me, I hadn't heard of perlbrew. I think that's
a great idea and I'm getting it installed now. But since RT doesn't run
as an "application" but simply as a series of Apache pages and CGI
scripts, I'm wondering how to get it to use the older Perl. I don't want
Apache to use the old version for other pages. Any ideas?

Maybe this will be as simple as changing the shabang lines. But I
haven't tried it yet so maybe someone can save me a little time.

--
Dave Close