[rt-devel] Rich Text custom fields

Bart bart at pleh.info
Thu Jun 12 02:36:05 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

This question pops up every now and then, something I hear from our users
and something I see in the mailing lists. The wish for rich text custom
fields which can be used in the Articles.

For our users I've created this feature by converting the Wiki Text Custom
Field into a Rich Text Custom Field. I've picked this specific CF since our
users are kinda lazy and don't want to learn the wiki markup..... (they are
spoiled)

Below you can find a link to my blog where I've documented how you can
apply this change, which seems to work just fine with the latest releases
(though 4.2.4 has an issue, which can easilly be fixed):

   - http://pleh.info/blog/2014-06-12/rt_-_rich_text_custom_fields

This specific issue is now fixed for our users, so all is good there.

Though I do have two questions for the lists:

   1. What are your thoughts on this "hack" in particular? (am I doing this
   the right way, am I overlooking something, etc.).
   2. Should this custom field type be included into RT core? (not saying
   to replace wiki text, but creating a new CF for rich text)

--
Bart