[rt-devel] Making a custom field read-only

Rhys Hanrahan rhys at nexusone.com.au
Sun Mar 2 19:13:20 EST 2014

Hi All,

We have a custom field on our tickets in RT which is of type "Select one field", which I'm trying to make read-only to the staff. There is a perl script run via cron that handles setting this custom field, so it should never be edited by anyone manually.

I've gone through all the global group and user permissions for the custom field and ensured that only "SeeCustomField" is ticket. I've also checked the global group permissions of our staff group, as well as global permissions for some users - and again, ensured that only "SeeCustomField" is ticked. Similarly, I made sure that the "Superuser" right is not ticked.

Despite this, I cannot seem to get the custom-field to be read-only (ideally _display_ read-only, such that the value of the field appears as a text-field on the ticket, not just a list that errors when you try and change it).

Does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks,

Rhys Hanrahan
Chief Information Officer