[rt-devel] session LastUpdated

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Oct 28 10:14:30 EDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 11:22:37AM +0100, Christian Loos wrote:
> is it really the intended behavior that auto page refreshes (like
> HomeRefreshInterval) update the session's LastUpdated?
> I would assume that only "user initiated actions" would update the
> session's LastUpdated.

The last time I looked into this, the LastUpdated column was wildly
inconsistent depending on database backend.

> A user sets a HomeRefreshInterval of 2 minutes and then go for a 3 week
> holiday. As the session's LastUpdated is updated every 2 minutes, the
> user session would never by deleted by sbin/rt-clean-sessions.

I believe the example I call out here is that REST doesn't update the
session after login
http://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=19715

Note that LastUpdated is not used properly, as pointed out by that
ticket.

So, there are a number of issues here.

-kevin