[rt-devel] RT 4.2.7: application/octet-stream

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Thu Sep 25 15:46:22 EDT 2014

On 09/25/2014 03:35 PM, Brian McNally wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> I get this behavior with either:
>
> Set( $MessageBoxRichText, 0);
> Set( $PreferRichText, 0);
>
> or:
>
> Set( $MessageBoxRichText, 0);
> Set( $PreferRichText, 1);
>
> I'm using Postgres 9.3.5 and DBD::Pg 3.4.1 on RHEL 6.5. To replicate
> simply run `tree /tmp` (for example) and paste the resulting text in to
> a comment on any ticket. You should see the messages I posted in your RT
> logs and the message itself should show up in RT's web UI as:
>
> "Message body not shown because it is not plain text."

I can't replicate this with Postgres 9.3.5 and DBD::Pg 3.4.1.  You'll
need to provide more details about:
 1. What browser you're using, and how you're pasting -- this smells
like a failure in what the browser is submitting.  Chrome, and both the
X paste buffer and the Gnome paste buffer work fine for me.
 2. You say "in to a comment on any ticket".  Does it only fail with
comments, and not correspondence?  Does it fail on ticket creation?
What about quick ticket creation, from the form on the RT homepage?

 - Alex