[rt-devel] RT 4.2.7: application/octet-stream

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Fri Sep 26 16:57:48 EDT 2014

On 09/26/2014 04:10 PM, Brian McNally wrote:
> I'm running version 1.66 of DBIx::SearchBuilder.

I'm running out of thoughts as to what's different about your
environment that would cause this breakage.  Your debugging steps should
roughly be:

All MIME::Entity bodies in RT should now, as of 4.2.7, be bytes and not
characters.  For the comment/correspond codepath, this is enforced by
RT::Interface::WebMakeMIMEEntity -- [1] called from [2].  Check that the
input to [1] is characters, and that the output from
->bodyhandle->as_string contains the UTF-8 encoding of those characters
-- i.e. no codepoints above 255, and the "UTF-8" flag should be off.

You will need to rack down where the UTF-8 flag of
->bodyhandle->as_string starts being on -- that is where your bug lies.
 The Devel::Peek module will likely be useful in your investigation.  If
you have cusomizations or extensions, start by disabling them and see if
that improves matters.
 - Alex

[1]
https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/blob/stable/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm#L2479