[rt-devel] RT 4.2.7: SQL error on ticket traffic

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Fri Sep 26 17:04:12 EDT 2014

On 09/26/2014 04:50 PM, Brian McNally wrote:
> 1. In terms of tables/sequences that are different: the problematic
> instance has this, where the functional one does not.
>
> rt3_admin=# \d
>                          List of relations
>  Schema |             Name             |   Type   |     Owner
> --------+------------------------------+----------+----------------
> public | objectcustomfieldvalues_id_s | sequence | rt3_admin_user

Worrisome, yes, but not the root of your problems; see below.

> 2. Should all objects in the database be owned by the RT database user?
> I ask because in my functional copy most things are and a few things are
> owned by postgres whereas in my non-functional instance most things are
> owned by postgres. The owner of both databases is the RT database user.

The ownership isn't significant -- RT runs "GRANT ... ON ... TO rt_user"
after adding/removing tables.

> 3. In terms of indexes, the non-functional instance's database has many
> fewer indexes. For example
>
> rt3_admin=# \di
>                           List of relations
>  Schema |        Name         | Type  |  Owner   |       Table
> --------+---------------------+-------+----------+--------------------
>  public | articles_pkey       | index | postgres | articles
>  public | cachedgroupmembers1 | index | postgres | cachedgroupmembers
>  public | cachedgroupmembers2 | index | postgres | cachedgroupmembers
>  public | cachedgroupmembers3 | index | postgres | cachedgroupmembers
>  public | classes_pkey        | index | postgres | classes
>  public | contentindex_idx    | index | postgres | attachments
>  public | groupmembers1       | index | postgres | groupmembers
>  public | groups1             | index | postgres | groups
>  public | groups2             | index | postgres | groups
>  public | groups3             | index | postgres | groups
>  public | objectclasses_pkey  | index | postgres | objectclasses
>  public | objectscrips1       | index | postgres | objectscrips
>  public | objectscrips_pkey   | index | postgres | objectscrips
>  public | objecttopics_pkey   | index | postgres | objecttopics
>  public | queues1             | index | postgres | queues
>  public | topics_pkey         | index | postgres | topics
>  public | users1              | index | postgres | users
> (17 rows)

...there isn't even a primary key index on tickets there.  I have no
idea how your database got into this state (I've never seen such
before), but that would indeed be your problem.

 - Alex